Have you ever used Westlaw, clicked on the link “View Westlaw Reporter Image (pdf)” (which should give you a digital image of the original document) and had the screen flash but nothing happened? A call to the Westlaw representative (from link on Westlaw homepage), revealed that Westlaw users frequently encounter problems with viewing, downloading or printing, particularly with pdf files. Many of these are caused by the “security” of your internet browser, it is blocking pop-ups. So here are a couple of fixes.
For Mozilla Firefox 3.5x or 3.6x Browser
- Click Tools on the menu bar and select Options.
- Click the Content Tab and check the box Block pop-up windows.
- Click Exceptions to the right of Block pop-up windows.
- Type print.westlaw.com under Address of web site. Click Allow.
- Type web2.westlaw.com under Address of web site. Click Allow. Click Close. Click Okay.
For Internet Explorer
- Click on Tools and select Internet Options
- Click on the Security Tab
- Select Trusted Sites (assuming you’ve added westlaw.com as a trusted site already)
- Click on Custom Level
- Scroll down to the Scripting section (a little more than 3/4 of the way down the list)
- Under Allow Programmatic clipboard access, select enable and click on OK
- Click OK, next screen also click OK
For Google Chrome
- Go to Options.
- Click the Under the Hood tab.
- Click Content settings, select “Pop-Ups”.
- Click on Exceptions button and add web2.westlaw.com
- Refresh the page