New and Notable – Corporations and Other Business Associations: Cases and Materials, 7E
Corporations and Other Business Associations: Cases and Materials, 7E
Charles O’Kelley, Professor and Director, Berle Center on Corporations, Law and Society
Robert B. Thompson
“Sophisticated yet accessible, Corporations and Other Business Associations balances economic and legal theory with a flexible organization, popular case selection, and engaging problems.
Look for these key features:
• New cases on the power of shareholders to amend bylaws, an issue that is reshaping the role of shareholders in corporate governance.
• A series of short case studies on key topics, including the removal of staggered boards, majority voting, and say on pay.
• Discussion of the new business form—the so-called “benefit corporation.”
• Expanded coverage of the back and forth between the Delaware courts and the Delaware legislature as to what should be the default rule as to fiduciary duty in LLCs.
• Expanded material and notes designed to anticipate the important MFW Shareholder Litigation decision and a related 2012 Delaware Supreme Court case, Americas Mining Corp. v. Theriault.” – From the publisher